If you love to sing then why not join us – new Serenata Singers members are always welcome! Rehearsals are held on Monday evenings from 7pm at The Gap Uniting Church. New members are welcome at any time but we hold an Open Night annually, usually early in the calendar year. The Open Night is an excellent opportunity to learn more about the choir, observe and join in a rehearsal, and meet the choir members. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
To help you learn about the choir and membership, we encourage you to:
- Go to the About Us pages for lots of information about the choir.
- Download our Information for New Members flyer.
- Contact Us for any questions or concerns you may have.
Just to highlight some important details for you:
There’s no need to audition, you just need to be confident at holding a tune and singing a part.
Understandably other commitments will get in the way on occasions but you should aim to be available as often as possible for both rehearsals and performances:
- Rehearsals are held weekly on Monday nights – details are on our About Us page.
- We perform regularly throughout the year (both weekdays and weekends), mainly for retirement communities, age care facilities and community groups.
Our very low fees comprise an annual membership fee of $150 which includes a weekly attendance fee.
All music is provided on loan from the choir at no extra cost. You need to have a black performance folder, to be obtained at your own cost.
Our current uniform is basically black attire. This is augmented with a blue scarf for the ladies and a blue tie for the men – both are provided on loan from the choir.