If you love to sing then why not join us – new Serenata Singers members are always welcome! Rehearsals for 2020 have now ended, but we will be resuming Covid-safe rehearsals on Monday, 1 February. We will hold an Open Night on Monday 22 February. The Open Night is an excellent opportunity to learn more about the choir, observe and join in a rehearsal, and meet the choir members. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
To help you learn about the choir and membership, we encourage you to:
- Go to the About Us pages for lots of information about the choir.
- Download our Information for New Members flyer.
- Contact Us for any questions or concerns you may have.
Just to highlight some important details for you:
There’s no need to audition, you just need to be confident at holding a tune and singing a part.
Understandably other commitments will get in the way on occasions but you should aim to be available as often as possible for both rehearsals and performances:
- Rehearsals are held weekly on Monday nights – details are on our About Us page.
- We perform regularly throughout the year (both weekdays and weekends), mainly for retirement communities, aged care facilities and community groups.
Our very low fees comprise an annual membership fee of $100 and a $3 weekly attendance fee.
All music is provided on loan from the choir at no extra cost. You need to have a black performance folder, to be obtained at your own cost.
Our current uniform is basically black attire. This is augmented with a blue scarf for the ladies and a blue tie for the men – both are provided on loan from the choir.